With the birth of search engines and social media, personal branding now applies to virtually any working professional, from white-collar workers to entrepreneurs, business owners, entertainment personalities, and artists.
This is both good and bad, depending on how you look at it. However, one thing is for certain: you’re in control. You have the ability to dictate your own personal branding online. And it’s not as difficult as you might think.
Remember that your reputation is everything. You build your personal brand through everything you do, whether big actions or small decisions and that brand will stay with you throughout your career.
– Jan Fields
What is Branding?
1. The marketing practice of creating a Name, symbol or design that identifies and differentiates a product from other products.
2. Personal Branding is the process of marketing individuals as brands. Its what makes us stand out.
1. Its the same as advertising:
Branding is not advertising. Its all about identifying what makes you stand out and highlighting it making it the way people describe you. Branding is the foundation of advertising. Advertising is the result of branding.
2. Its only for big companies:
It’s all about knowing what you stand for and letting your consumers know that.
3. It’s Expensive:
It could be expensive but it doesn’t have to be. All you have to invest in at the start is a lot of thinking.
Unapologetic Personal Branding:
Source: Unapologetic Dude
The Right Say:
1. What makes you stand out. What are you known for?
2. It’s not about being famous. It’s about being known for something.
3. What’s the one most important thing you want your clients, colleagues, and customers to know about you?
The Right Bae:
- Describe the customer who will need your service or your product?
- The clearer your description, the better you will be able to reach them.
The Right Hey:
- Knowing your bae, look at all the opportunities you have to reach them.
- What channels will you be using?
- What content will help you connect with them?
The Right Yey:
- What is the consistent and concrete experience that people will have with your brand?
- Consistency results in exponential results!
1. A good personal branding is based on your personal truth
2. Its all about your strengths, skills, perspectives, and opinion.
3. Your unique truth is a personal brand.
4. Your unique truth tells the word the role you play in transforming it.
personal branding is critical to your professional future. A well-monitored social media presence and online personal brand can lead to opportunities you might not have otherwise come across. The power of social media is widespread and can be both positive and negative – how you present yourself determines which outcome you will encounter.